Job Vacancies at Shane English School
Shane English School is a well-established and highly respected chain of EFL (English as a Foreign Language) schools. We place great emphasis on providing a high quality, excellent value, and caring service to our students.
We are looking for qualified and hard-working individuals seeking a fresh challenge to join our teams around the world.
If you are friendly, culturally inquisitive, willing to learn new skill sets and develop existing ones, we would like to hear from you! Follow the links below and apply to become part of the Shane family.
Latest Job Opportunities!
Teach English in Taiwan
Shane English Schools Taiwan are recruiting now!
Teaching positions are available in various locations across the island throughout the year.
• Visa and work permit
• NT$43,200 – NT$70,000 per month
• Performance related bonuses
• Regular 5 day working week
• National Health Insurance
• Western management
• Structured curriculum
• Great working environment
• Contract completion bonus
• Passport holders from UK, CAN, USA, SA, IRE, NZ, AUS.
• TEFL / TESOL / CELTA / DELTA preferred.
• A university degree.
• No teaching experience required.
• Outgoing, enthusiastic, positive, sociable, hard-working, patient and professional.
• Looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners.
Please send your CV/resume to Richard Ward:
+886 2 2351-7755 ext. 116
Outside Lessons English Teachers
EXTRA HOURS AVAILABLE WITH OUTSIDE LESSONS!
Through the expansion of the Outside Lessons Department in Taipei, opportunities are becoming available to English teachers who would like extra hours during their free time.
Adult / Business group classes and private 1:1 lessons are available in evenings at clients such as Fed-Ex and Group On.
Any teacher wishing to either earn a little extra money or gain more experience teaching business / adult lessons should contact Michael Piraino at email@example.com
Teach English in Northern China
Location: Shane English School Beijing
Reporting to: SES Beijing Academic Director
Based in: Nanyang, Zhengzhou, Sanlintun
Preferred starting date: All year
China’s educational sector and demand for English continues to grow. Shane English School Beijing (SESB) offers you the opportunity to be a part of this with the support and expertise of one of the largest British owned EFL organisations in Asia. We are currently recruiting for our Beijing school in Sanlintun, as well as our Henan province schools in Nanyang and Zhengzhou.
We are looking for individuals who are looking for a fresh challenge, and are friendly, outgoing, culturally inquisitive, and enjoy working with young children.
• Guaranteed monthly salary of 11,000-14,000 RMB (55,000- 70,000NTD) depending on qualifications for 80 teaching hours a month (20 teaching hours per week)
• 137RMB – 175RMB (687NTD- 878NTD) per hour for time worked beyond the 80 contracted teaching hours
• Monthly accommodation allowance: Beijing: 2,500 RMB (12,500NTD), Nanyang: 1,000 RMB (5,000NTD) per month.
• 22 days paid holiday (including public holidays)
• Five working days a week, two rest days.
• Flight Allowance of up to 5,000 RMB (paid on completion of the 6th and 12th months)
• Health Insurance through local provider
• Full training and orientation
• Accommodation assistance
• Airport pick-up and welcome pack
• Hotel costs covered for first 7 days
Situated in the southwest of Henan province, Nan-yang City borders Funiu Mountain to the north, Qinling Mountain to the west and the Han River to the south. With a population of 10.65 million, it is the third largest city in Henan Province. It is an interesting city to live and work where the “rural” atmosphere of old China, contrasts with the modern city centre. It is a bustling, lively and safe place with friendly and courteous local people.
Zhengzhou, the capital city of Henan Province, is located in the middle of China. It serves as the political, economic, technological, and educational centre of the province, as well as a major transportation hub for Central China. Zhengzhou also has a number of significant cultural heritage sites. A new Shane school is due to open after Chinese New Year and they are looking for teachers who can help establish the school.
Shane English Schools Sanlintun is located in one of the most cosmopolitan and popular areas of Beijing (equivalent to Xinyi in Taipei). The area is dotted with foreign embassies, restaurants offering international cuisine, modern shopping malls; and with numerous bars and the Workers’ Stadium clubbing area nearby, Sanlintun is a common place for ex-pats to come and socialise.
To apply, please fill out the application form here.
Teach English in Central China
Teach and Learn with Shane English School – Year Round Positions in many great cities.
We are looking for young, passionate, enthusiastic, dedicated teachers to join our growing team of teachers across China.
Who is Shane?
We currently have schools in over 30 locations – from big cities like Shanghai, Suzhou and Chengdu, to rapidly-developing places like Hefei and Wuhan, to smaller, quainter locations like the water town Zhujiajiao, where you can get an authentic China experience.
We offer full training and orientation at each stage of your development – whether you’re a recently qualified TEFL teacher or someone looking for the next challenge in a vibrant, exciting workplace. With ongoing training programs and schools across Asia and Europe, as well as in-house materials development and publishing, event planning, recruitment and franchising, we offer diverse career pathways for people looking to build a career with a company that makes you feel like part of the family.
What’s it like working for Shane?
We teach young learners from amazingly cute 3 year olds, to curious kids, to teenagers making their way into the world. We keep class sizes small (maximum 14) so you can really get to know your students and really make a difference.
We like our teachers to teach fun, engaging lessons, with plenty of communicative activities and lots of interaction. Classes are equipped with smart boards and a TA is on hand to help in every class.
We’ll provide you with a full curriculum and all the materials and support you’ll need. You’ll be teaching around 20 hours a week, with no set office hours and plenty of time to get out and explore this amazing country.
Our benefits at a glance:
• A comprehensive initial training programme, with follow-up training and regular workshops to develop your skills as a teacher.
• A competitive salary and bonus scheme.
• A generous holiday allowance allowing for some great trips around China and Asia.
• Full Visa support and welcome, including a hotel stay and help finding an apartment that you’ll be comfortable in.
• Health insurance included.
• Chinese lessons.
• Comprehensive welfare support to assist with every aspect of moving China, from paying bills to getting a phone to finding the best places to eat.
How can I apply?
If this sounds like the sort of opportunity you’re looking for, contact our recruitment team today at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents to arrange an interview:
CV / resume
Copy of degree
Copy TEFL or equivalent
Copy of passport photo page
We’re looking for people who:
• Are native English Speakers from Canada, Ireland, the UK, America, New Zealand or Australia.
• Have a recognized EFL qualification (TEFL/TESOL /CELTA/DELTA).
• Have a university degree.
• Teaching experience preferred but not essential.
• Are outgoing, enthusiastic, positive, sociable, hard-working, patient and professional.
• Are looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners.
Teach English in Vietnam
Teach English in Ho Chi Minh City, Ben Tre, or My Tho
Schedule of around 25 hours per week, over five days
12 month contract
To work for us you’ll need:
- • To be a native English speaker.
- • A university degree.
- • A CELTA or Trinity TESOL certificate, or equivalent.
- • A Police Background Check
Salary and Benefits
- • A competitive salary based on your teaching experience.
- • Individual training.
- • Help in getting your working visa before you arrive.
- • A salary review every 6 months, based on performance.
- • Management by a native English speaker.
- • Help settling in from our welfare team.
Please email your CV and cover letter to:
Teach English in Japan
Apply online here: http://www.saxoncourt.com/jobs-abroad/apply-now-teach-abroad/
Shane English Schools Japan is one of the oldest and best established English Language schools in Japan. Individual schools are very much viewed as professional and friendly by the students and communities they serve.
Shane English Schools Japan are providing teaching opportunities in many locations throughout the greater Tokyo Area, including Nishi, Higashi, Saitama, and Yokohama.
Teaching English in Japan isn’t for everyone. If you are interested, you will need to demonstrate your knowledge of the culture and show why you have been drawn to working there.
All candidates need to demonstrate their maturity and independence and outline how they have prepared for this exciting experience.
As with any country, the more you are happy to get immersed in the culture, language, and cuisine, the more you will enjoy your time there. Shane schools realise you are moving away from home, and do hold social events through the year, but ultimately, you are applying for a job and the opportunity to work in Japan, and it’s up to you how you make the most of your free time.
Life as a teacher in Japan.
During the week, your day will start around noon and finish at 8 or 9pm, whereas weekends will be more of a 9-5 schedule. Most teachers take advantage of this time in the morning to explore their local area, learn Japanese, or follow other hobbies.
You will have great variety with a caseload of 50% adults and 50% children. Don’t worry if you don’t have any experience with younger learners, as you will receive a 1 week TEYL course to complement your CELTA or Trinity TESOL. Children tend to learn in small group classes of up to 6, but the average is usually around 3 students. For our youngest learners, you will have have TA support.
Your adults students could be studying for university, work or pleasure, and often favour 1-2-1 classes, but again, you will never teach a class of more than 6 students.
When to apply:
Positions are available monthly. We recruit for our schools on a needs basis, so although we will take into account location requests, we cannot guarantee them. You will know where you are working a few weeks before you arrive, and so have plenty of time to research the area and all it has to offer.
Flexibility is the key for all potential teachers. Due to a lengthy recruitment process, we need teachers to apply for positions 3-6 months in advance of when you want to arrive in Japan. We can accommodate you within a 3-month time frame of when your start date will be.
• Full recruitment support
• Welfare support upon arrival and throughout contract
• Teach 29.5 hours per week
• 5 day week, 12 month contract renewable by mutual consent
• 252,800 Yen per month with bonus system
• 1 week Young Learner focused training and additional teacher development training throughout the contract
• Accommodation support and free loan for company accommodation available
• Work commuting costs reimbursed
• Access to Japanese Health Insurance Scheme
• 6 weeks annual paid leave plus 5 extra days after 6 months
• Honours degree, taught in English and from an accredited university
• CELTA/Trinity TESOL
• Native level of English and all statutory education in an English speaking country
• No experience required
• No knowledge of Japanese required
• We ask teachers have roughly £1500-£2000 to cover the costs of relocation
Apply online here: http://www.saxoncourt.com/jobs-abroad/apply-now-teach-abroad/
(Website is in Japanese only).